Become a leader in the museum industry, build your resume, and have a great time!
Are you passionate about the Arts and Culture community in San Diego? (Duh!) Do you want to get involved with an organization that offers programs to emerging museum professionals while enhancing your own personal and professional development? (Of course!) Consider joining the San Diego Emerging Museum Professionals Board!
The application process will be announced in Fall 2020, stay tuned! In the meantime, sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on happenings.
Serving on the San Diego EMP Board has its benefits:
Members of San Diego EMP’s Board receive numerous benefits for their participation and dedication. These benefits include:
- Professional development
- Resume and professional experience building
- Networking and visibility in the field
- Fun & fabulous cohorts
- Leadership role in the museum industry
- Professional resources at your disposal
- Increased involvement in the museum field
All EMP Board Members are responsible for the following:
- Attend monthly EMP Board meetings and group events
- Volunteer for a two year term, however, they may change their seat after one year
- Network with museum professionals
- Recruit new members to become involved with EMP
- Generate and share program ideas
- Promote EMP to professional and social groups
- Attend bi-annual Board retreats
- Be a positive brand ambassador for San Diego EMP in the museum field