Become a leader in the museum industry, build your resume, and have a great time!
San Diego Emerging Museum Professionals is seeking to add a new member to its Board in the Programming Co-Chair position. Please submit a brief cover letter stating your reason for interest, along with what you hope to gain from your time on the board and resume to SanDiegoEMP@gmail.com. Applications close Friday, October 5, 2018. Interviews will take place within the following two weeks. Applicants who have attended previous events are highly encouraged to apply!
Serving on the San Diego EMP Board has its benefits:
Members of San Diego EMP’s Board receive numerous benefits for their participation and dedication. These benefits include:
- Professional development
- Resume and professional experience building
- Networking and visibility in the field
- Fun & fabulous cohorts
- Leadership role in the museum industry
- Professional resources at your disposal
- Increased involvement in the museum field
This is a coordination and logistics role. The programming chair assists with finding appropriate venues and coordinates with potential speakers and facilitators. The programming chair also creates event descriptions and provides speaker bios to the communications committee to disseminate. All Board members contribute to the planning of programs that are relevant, appropriate and useful for the professional development of the San Diego EMP membership. At events, the chair(s) lead set-up and clean-up, with the help of fellow board members.
All Board Members:
All EMP Board Members are responsible for the following:
- Attend monthly EMP Board meetings and group events
- Volunteer for a two year term, however, they may change their seat after one year
- Network with museum professionals
- Recruit new members to become involved with EMP
- Generate and share program ideas
- Promote EMP to professional and social groups
- Attend bi-annual Board retreats
- Be a positive brand ambassador for San Diego EMP in the museum field