February 27| 6 – 8 PM | Bonita Museum & Cultural Center
Join San Diego EMP for a tour of the Bonita Museum and Cultural Center with Museum Director, Wendy Wilson. Wendy and her team will lead EMP members through the Bonita Museum’s current exhibition and archive collection as well as discuss the process of exhibition design.
Before becoming the Museum Director at the Bonita Museum, Wendy previously directed the 501c3 Escondido Municipal Gallery and local Arts Agency for the City of Escondido. Her team includes Archivist Miguel Murillo Ayala, Museum Coordinator Jeremy Field, and Exhibit Designer Brian Gibson.
Tour begins at 6:15 pm and will last about an hour. Attendees are welcome to experience the exhibition on their own after the tour ends. Light snacks, soda, and wine will be provided by the Bonita Museum and Cultural Center.
The tour is free, however, a donation of $5 is requested to support San Diego EMP’s mission of providing professional development programs for local museum professionals.
See you there!
San Diego EMP
Want to go to The California Association of Museums (CAM) Conference in March??
Do we have a scholarship opportunity for you!!
The California Association of Museums (CAM) Conference is Los Angeles bound this year and San Diego EMP wants you to come with us as we “explore” the “vision” of CAM in 2020 and beyond! For the second year in a row, San Diego EMP, in collaboration with CAM, is providing a scholarship to cover the registration fee for one lucky EMP member to attend the conference!
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, applicants must send their cover letter and resume to SanDiegoEMP@Gmail.com. The cover letter and resume should highlight and detail the applicant’s interest in attending the CAM Conference as well as how it will benefit their development as a local emerging museum professional within the local museum community.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria when applying:
- Be a San Diego EMP member. If you are signed up to receive our newsletter you are an EMP member!
- Currently work in a museum or museum related field.
- Be able to attend all three days of the conference.
- Provide their own transportation and lodging for the conference.
- Willing to work with a San Diego EMP Board Member in attendance to fulfill the following requirements to help promote the CAM Conference.
- Assist in creating two social media posts per day to promote the three-day conference.
- Assist in creating an additional social media post after the conference that will recap the highlights and announce the conference location for 2021.
- Able to attend and provide a brief presentation about their CAM conference experience at the San Diego EMP Mini-Cam event to be held on a separate date.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Sunday, January 26th, 2020 by 11:59pm
We look forward to learning about everyone’s interest in attending the CAM Conference this year.
Good luck and have a wonderful day!
Stay connected with us on Facebook for event announcements!