Want to go to The California Association of Museums (CAM) Conference in March??
Do we have a scholarship opportunity for you!!
The California Association of Museums (CAM) Conference is Los Angeles bound this year and San Diego EMP wants you to come with us as we “explore” the “vision” of CAM in 2020 and beyond! For the second year in a row, San Diego EMP, in collaboration with CAM, is providing a scholarship to cover the registration fee for one lucky EMP member to attend the conference!
To be considered for this scholarship opportunity, applicants must send their cover letter and resume to SanDiegoEMP@Gmail.com. The cover letter and resume should highlight and detail the applicant’s interest in attending the CAM Conference as well as how it will benefit their development as a local emerging museum professional within the local museum community.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria when applying:
- Be a San Diego EMP member. If you are signed up to receive our newsletter you are an EMP member!
- Currently work in a museum or museum related field.
- Be able to attend all three days of the conference.
- Provide their own transportation and lodging for the conference.
- Willing to work with a San Diego EMP Board Member in attendance to fulfill the following requirements to help promote the CAM Conference.
- Assist in creating two social media posts per day to promote the three-day conference.
- Assist in creating an additional social media post after the conference that will recap the highlights and announce the conference location for 2021.
- Able to attend and provide a brief presentation about their CAM conference experience at the San Diego EMP Mini-Cam event to be held on a separate date.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Sunday, January 26th, 2020 by 11:59pm
We look forward to learning about everyone’s interest in attending the CAM Conference this year.
Good luck and have a wonderful day!